Wednesday 2 December 2015

New Blog | New Musings

HELLO
Welcome to my new blog - Arwenack Cerebrals - sister blog to Arwenack Celebrants. I've been 'concerned' for a while about the identity crisis evident in my writings for Arwenack Celebrants - in which I write about Civil Celebrancy (and associated topics such as dying, death and bereavement; families and relationships; ritual and celebration); about Sociology and about my various writing projects.

So now it feels like the time for a break-away blog within which I intend to concentrate on my writing and my reading. Let's see how it works in practice. . . .

A NOTE ON DEFINITION before I go any further
In deciding on a name for this blog I looked up the definition of cerebral. The result:

1, Of or relating the the brain or cerebrum.

2. Appealing to or requiring the use of the intellect; intellectual rather than emotional.

Well OK, but I'd argue (very strongly) that if we don't acknowledge the significance, the value of the emotional to the work that we do then our endeavours are likely to be shallow rather than deep; superficial rather than genuine; partial rather than holistic.

For me then cerebals (not least in the context of this blog) includes the emotional and as such engages with the heart as well as the head; the heart alongside the head.

That's it for now. More to follow soon.

thanks for reading

Gayle

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Academic Writing Service

    ReplyDelete